Sunday, January 20, 2008

bananas

In my youth, all of the quotes that I would utilize during casual conversation came from either Bugs Bunny, or Monty Python. Now that I've lived a few years, and acquired the knowledge of more than four decades, I've become some what more sophisticated. Correspondingly, the complete arsenal of references that I interject into small talk, come from either South Park, or The Simpsons. Not real progress, just change. It could be worse. All of my quotes could come from Scooby Doo or George Bush! You know, I'm still waiting for that aged wisdom that is supposed to befall you as you get older. From what I've seen, it never happens. All I've acquired is a zero bullshit tolerance. I've got no tolerance for other peoples ego requirements, emotional reinforcement requirements, world conquest schemes, and delusional self confidence. After so many years, my bullshit storage tank is full. It's probably the same for a lot of people. Maybe that's what's mistaken for wisdom. Looking back, I think the only thing I'm sure of, the one piece of information that I can pass on to younger generations, the culmination of my life's experience is this: "Bananas don't travel well. They get really fucked up!"

No comments: